Welcome to Sands of Time, a project started by Sandi Peters and dedicated to promoting well-being and fullness of life in the later years despite frailty or disability.
Sands of Time offers a range of services to enhance life for elders. Sandi specializes in using sandplay, a box of sand and numerous miniatures, to access the inner world. In addition, she uses poetry, storytelling, myths and discussion to help caregivers and their loved elder understand and explore the aging journey. She offers educational sessions, workshops and retreats to reframe cultural biases about aging and promote life giving practices and healing.
Sands of Time provides individual and group experiences for:
• Well elders seeking to explore their experience of aging;
• Frail elders who are home-bound and can benefit from quality conversation and engagement;
• Memory impaired elders who need stimulation and possibilities for creative expression;
• Family caregivers who want to stay connected with their loved one and use this time of care giving to increase their knowledge and openness to aging;
• Paid professional caregivers who seek to incorporate a life-giving attitude in their work;
• Facilities who wish to implement culture-change and creative programming;
• Churches and other organizations that are interested in the contemplative dimension of late life.
Contact Sandi : firstname.lastname@example.org (510) 529-1500
Sandi has a Master’s degree in Jungian psychology, training as a spiritual director and 25+ years experience working with elders in a variety of settings and capacities. She re-discovered sandplay while doing research for her master’s thesis and is now providing one to one sandplay sessions with elders and is promoting the method with professionals and facilities that care for and about elders. For additional information on sandplay or Sandi’s services, please visit her website at: http://sandplaydementia.com